About the Conference
The International Conference on Brain Informatics series (BI) started in 2006 and has established itself as the world’s premier research conference on Brain Informatics, which is an emerging interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research field that combines the efforts of Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to explore the main problems that lie in the interplay between human brain studies and informatics research. The BI’18 provides a premier international forum to bring together researchers and practitioners from diverse fields for presentation of original research results, as well as exchange and dissemination of innovative and practical development experiences on brain Informatics research, brain-inspired technologies and brain/mental health applications.
Topics and Areas
The BI'18 solicits high-quality original research and application papers (both full paper and abstract submissions). Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Track 1: Cognitive and Computational Foundations of Brain Science
- Track 2: Human Information Processing Systems
- Track 3: Brain Big Data Analytics, Curation and Management
- Track 4: Informatics Paradigms for Brain and Mental Health Research
- Track 5: Brain-Machine Intelligence and Brain-Inspired Computing
- Main conference papers will be published in the proceedings at the Springer-Nature LNCS/LNAI Brain Informatics Book Series.
- Accepted full papers will be selected to publish in the Springer Open Access Brain Informatics Journal upon revision. No article-processing fee will be charged for authors of Brain Informatics conference.
- Workshop and Special Session full papers will be published at the same BI proceedings at the Springer-Nature LNAI Brain Informatics Book Series.
- Organizers of Workshops and Special Sessions will be invited to prepare a book proposal based on the topics of the workshop/special session for possible book publication in the Springer-Nature Brain Informatics & Health Book Series.
- June 15, 2018: Submission deadline for workshop/special session/tutorial proposals
- July 15, 2018: Notification of workshop/special session proposal acceptance
- June 15, 2018: Submission deadline for full papers
- July 30, 2018: Submission deadline for workshop/special session papers
- August 15, 2018: Notification of full paper acceptance
- August 30, 2018: Notification of workshop/special session paper acceptance
- August 1, 2018: Submission deadline for abstracts
- August 30, 2018: Notification of abstract acceptance
- December 7, 2018: Tutorials, workshops and special sessions
- December 8-9, 2018: Main conference
- Brain Informatics 2017, Beijing, China
- Brain Informatics and Health 2016, Omaha, USA
- Brain Informatics and Health 2015, London, UK
- Brain Informatics and Health 2014, Warsaw, Poland
- Brain Informatics and Health 2013, Maebashi, Japan
- Brain Informatics 2012, Macau, China
- Brain Informatics 2011, Lanzhou, China
- Brain Informatics 2010, Toronto, Canada
- Brain Informatics 2009, Beijing, China
- Web Intelligence Meets Brain Informatics 2006, Beijing, China